Welcome to La Espiguita Volleyball! We began our Volleyball club in September of 2013. Our club has made large strides in short period of time. As of now we have over 500 members subscribed to our club page! Currently we offer various levels of game play in order to sustain the different level of skills our members have.
Check out the FAQ's below where we outline our clubs activities and answer a lot of common questions that a new member like you may have!
Club Page : http://www.meetup.com/Indoor-Pick-Up-Volleyball-in-Brentwood-NY/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/espiguitavolleyball
- I don't have a team, can I still come in? We specialize in individual players! We started off as 8 people, 5 of us were strangers but once we started playing we all quickly became friends. Dont worry about coming with a group, you can come alone, every week its new faces, or a different combination of faces. Dont stress and we will see you there!
- I HAVE a team, can we come in? You cannot show up on a pick up day with a team and expect to stay that way. PICKUP means that every week different groups of people will come in to play. We cannot have one team closed off because other teams will more than likely have a disadvantage. We do have league dates, and RRT where you can come in with your team, and stay together the whole time. We keep family and friends together, but remember it doesn't hurt to socialize!
- How much is it? Pickup days cost $10 per player. Leagues and RRT vary, you can contact me for more information.
- How do I know what my skill level is, is it important? Yes! Its very important, we always stride to keep players in groups with similar skill levels. When we do mix, intermediate players get hurt (spiked at) and advanced players get frustrated (no passes = not fun). Solution: We (club administration) rate players and place them in specific sessions. We have one session that is for advance players and is invite only. If you believe your are at the advance level, speak to an organizer on the day you come in and we will rate you.
- What is RRT? Unlike Pickup games, ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT are for set teams. You may build your team and stay together for the whole session. Of course you need to follow the requirements listed under RRT on our Club Page. You may not show up unannounced on these days, if you aren't on a team, then build one! These events are hosted Monday nights.
- Volleyball Clinic . Our clinics help members with all the basic volleyball skills they want to work on. We cover all types of necessary skill you will need in a game. If you want to work on your bumping, setting, blocking, spiking, and various other skill then this is your solution.